6.3.09

Ion Farmer VS. Ocean State Electronics

from ionfarmer
to ose@oselectronics.com
date Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:08 PM
subject 2/19/2008 Order Status: 1235056853

Dear OSE Customer Service:

I am writing in regards to an order that was places 2/19/2008. The order number is 1235056853

I still have not received this shipment and understand that you are running a few days behind at the time the order was placed, but I surely thought that my order would have arrived by now. I have used Ocean State Electronics in the past as a source of needed parts for my projects, but I now question weather this relationship will continue. I made a similar order for parts using Parts-Express.com and have had them installed and waiting for their companion parts for nearly 2 weeks.

I tried to call for an order status and was, on many occasions, unable to get through with the number provided on your website. I am assuming I am not the only customer requesting a status update.

Could you please give me an estimate of when I could expect my parts to arrive or if they have even shipped yet?

Thank you in advance for you time,

Ionfarmer

to ionfarmer
from Ocean State Electronics
date Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:56 AM
subject RE: 2/19/2008 Order Status: 1235056853

Sir, although you received a confirmation, we never received an order here for you at OSE. Sometimes, orders slip through the cracks with these electronic systems. If you re-submit your order, we will make sure all items are in stock and ship without delay. We apologize for the inconvenience.


from Ionfarmer
to Ocean State Electronics
date Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM
subject Re: 2/19/2008 Order Status: 1235056853

Dear OSE Customer Service:

Thank you for your timely and witty response! I am still holding my belly from the whole "sometimes, orders slip through the cracks with these electronic systems" thing.

Ahh, good stuff!

Seriously, I am starting to think that my imagined image of the state of this company didn't do it justice! So, not only have I been waiting on the parts I ordered for this project for over 2 weeks, I am to understand that your on line ordering and confirmation system doesn't even function?

This has been an terrible experience and in all honesty I tried to call to cancel my order with your company yesterday, but was unable to get through because of your phone center's constant busy signal, which was infuriating and frustrating, as well. Although, I have to admit, tactically it is a good system, I mean customers can't cancel poorly handled orders if there is no way to make contact. I like this whole philosophy of "If we don't answer the phone maybe the customers will stop calling." Having some customer service experience myself, I know how aggravating it can be to diagnose and correct customer problems. I honestly hadn't thought of trying this solution to that particular problem.

I am sorry that the best this company can do is have me resubmit my order.

One question: If I were to decide to reorder with this company do to some unacknowledged brain trauma I may have suffered between my original order and now, how exactly would I do that? I am curious because I tried to do that in the normal manner and received a confirmation, and a confirmation number, but, I mean, what is the process after I receive the confirmation? Is there an e-mail or phone number I could call to verify my confirmation? I don't mean to be obtuse, but I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing when we say confirmation. I thought that when one spoke of confirmation they spoke of it in terms of additional proof that something that was believed is true or perhaps information that confirms or verifies. So really, as that as the basis of my belief about confirmation, I salute you sir! Your company has invented an electronic system that coldly and deliberately lies to your customers. Is there nothing that a company won't automate? Is no human job secure? I didn't really realized how convoluted this process could become. Who exactly verifies the confirmation?

So, if the net sum of two weeks of anticipation that today would be the day that I finish what may very well be the greatest contribution ever made to mankind, is that I have to reorder my parts, why wouldn't I choose a company that could supply me the part right the first time and in a timely manner?

Onward and Upward,

Ionfarmer

=================
UPDATE
=================


to ionfarmer
from Ocean State Electronics
date Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:43 AM
subject RE: 2/19/2008 Order Status: 1235056853

Sir,

If we had received your order here at OSE, it would have shipped out the day you submitted it because it was for a measley $26.00, and all the items are in stock. Was your credit card charged? No, and we do not even have your information on our system because as we stated in our previous email, your order was never received. Clearly we did not receive the order, because you were never charged. We are happy to no longer do business with you.


At this point, ose@oseelectronics has blocked my e-mail account and unfortunately my e-mail bounced back. So I had to resend it message with a hastily slapped together email account with a "2" added at the end of the username.

from ionfarmer2
to ose@oselectronics.com
date Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM
subject 2/19/2008 Order Status: 1235056853

Dear Customer Service:


Apparently there is something wrong with my e-mail provider, so I am resending this message with an awkward and unintentional delay via my secondary account. Please forgive my tardiness, I have copied my original message below:

Excellent and insulting -- a double score for you my pointy-headed little friend!!

I can see that my imagined state of this company does not do justice to its dire and desperate reality. I am sorry that my purchase order was for a "measley" [sic] $26.00 and am sure that this transaction would have gone much more smoothly if only the order have been on the order of hundreds or thousands of dollars. But even those type of totals would probably still be lost in the sprawling corporate landscape that is Ocean State Electronics. It is important to me to know that customer service comes first at Ocean State Electronics.

You know, there are codes of conduct in this world. One of them is that if you want to end a relationship with someone you supposedly care about, like your customer, you deal with them honestly and personally. You don't write them an insulting letter mocking their paltry order amount! But of course, that's what you did with me, and I'm not real happy about it.

What would have been so hard about writing to me as a human being and just letting me know what you were thinking? Or that there was something that OSE could do to make the situation better? Would it have made you uncomfortable? Well, think of how what you did made me feel! I'm glad of one thing, though: I found out now what kind of person you really are, before I made a really terrible mistake and forgave this oversight and make things right or something!

I hope that no one ever treats you with as much callousness and cruelty as you did me.

To set the record straight, it is not you with whom I am no longer doing business, it it's your new-fangled "electronic system" that apparently and randomly re-routes online orders.

I'm am sorry that we are ending this relationship this way. I thought that we could be friends.

:(

As a human being, and by the tone of your letter, I am worried about your delicate condition. It is apparent that working at Ocean State Electronics has not been good for you on a personal level and I would like to suggest taking up Yoga or Tai Chi for some stress management help. I hope that you can get through this break up all right and won't "bring the job home". I on the other-hand am doing exceptionally well. I just ran into one of your cute electronic parts supply friends online and I think I have a shot with her. I haven't said this since high school, but I think I'm going to get lucky!

Excellence in All Things,

Ionfarmer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home