29.4.06

More Stupid Software

Buenos Noches, Mofo's, and Word to your mothers!

No, really, give your mothers a call. They like hearing from you.

Tough week at the Ion Farm, but the weekend is here and you're here, and that's kinda special. I think I'll crack open a couple of Michelob's for us and get started then.

First off I found a site that humbled me in simple ways. I came across this site that has small, very small, software utilities available (Read USB ready). My favorite utility is the mouse volume control that lets you control your computer volume buy left clicking and turning the wheel. Super nice when that mp3's subtle nuance you just turned up to groove on erupts into a drug fueled, megalomaniac, atomic, cococphony. In addition there is an endless list of password "recovery" tools that completely showed me that I should just have a piece of paper with all my password written on it yellow stickied to my monitor. There's also some cool network monitor stuff and other informational things that you should look at if you ever get into a Matthew Broderick/"War Games" mode, but don't want to sacrifice your social status, a lifetime of reading 3l33t hacker scripts, developing cred on an IRC channel, and washing your hair, and non-resident status at Guantonomo Bay. Of course, your e-mail life will flourish, my friend!

In addition if you are using a BitTorrent client an it's not uTorrent you probably should at lease try uTorrent. I have tried BitTorrent and Azareus and found them to be way cumbersome to use and quite unreliable for my set up. uTorrent is way lightweight, configures itself and has overall provided me with a great experience in ease of application. Toe to toe is matches it's speed to Azareus, but the feature I like best is the scheduler that allows you to set the time of the day in 1 hour blocks when uTorrent will run unlimited, when it will be off and when it will be limited by your specifications. Very cool, indeed!

Lastly, I have discovered Yahoo! Widgets And although there are some cornball, sophmoric, tripe to wade through, you can actually find something useful. There's like 2500 widgets on the gallery and I'm using 7 so for me, the chance that any given widget's actually something I'll use is like .28% but I do like the ones I'm using. They're transparent, don't take up a lot of space, and I don't notice them running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home