30.5.05

The R Bar & Music



Today I took it upon my self to reorganize my closet, and now I can go on and lead a normal life.

We had some beautiful weather this morning but, it, eventually turned to rain. So this afternoon I started playing my guitar, and thought about the R Bar. Now, a while ago, my brother (TLM) was stationed in Biloxi, Mississippi. TLM and I have a mutual friend, CCC who traveled with me to make a visit to TLM. We were on a mission to deliver a car to my brother, dramatically improving his quality of life. Also, to dismiss the thoughts of complete benevolence, CCC and myself wanted a crack at partying all night long, for several days. The excursion went well, and we booked a cheap motel room and dove into New Orleans for a couple of days. The two things that stand out to me, besides the Drag Queen that CCC unknowingly wanted to investigate a little closer before he realized, was a place called The Gumbo Shop and The R Bar. Now it was the R bar that I was thinking about while I was playing my guitar. When I concentrate and look back, it was 6 years ago to the day that we made this trip. We came across this place late in the evening. The R Bar is decorated in a deep royal red with a permanent house band of skeletons. The skeletons were a little four-piece combo, hanging upsidedown from the ceiling, instruments and all. This place crawls with atmosphere and I was wishing that this was one of the nights that some musicians stumbled in, but there was no such luck. So, as I sat with the guitar this afternoon I thought, what would the skeletons have played? Anyway this is the music that came out of my meditations: R Bar Skeleton band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home